SAVANNAH HOLY CHURCH OF GOD
Savannah Holy Church of God is a Pentecostal Holiness church. Our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of God. Our vision is to create a community of authentic believers and to witness a city transformed by the life changing reality of the gospel as people come to know Jesus. Our goal is to see lives changed by the power of the Holy Ghost.
In 1997, Rev. Ryan Ralston became the pastor of the Savannah Holy Church of God. Pastor Ralston is a graduate of OBI, Liberty University (M.Ed.), and ACCS (D.Min.). In 2017, he received his Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership from Piedmont International University. His area of research involves the study of servant leadership principles as an indicator for ministerial tenure, contentment, and success. He recently released his first book, Unlocked: Finding and Following God's Will in 2021. Pastor Ralston and his wife Beth have been married 30 years, have three children and two grandchildren.
What We Believe
1. The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. There is only one true God, revealed in three Persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's Son, Jesus was both human and divine.
4. Every person can have restored fellowship with God through 'Salvation' (accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness for sin).
5. After Salvation, believers should live in a Godly manner dedicated unto God for His special purposes.
6. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. The initial physical evidence is speaking in Tongues.
7. The Church has a mission to fulfill in evangelizing the world with the "Gospel" of Jesus Christ.
8. Divine Healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ's Atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
9. The "Gospel" Story is not over. Jesus Christ is coming back to call His church to Heaven and to judge an unbelieving world.